Improve your SG and network with peers while experiencing all the sights, sounds, and flavors of the Big Easy.
After the ASGA conference, head to the French Quarter for a beignet and cafe au lait at the Cafe Du Monde, watch a parade, try on elaborate Carnival masks at a local shop, or tour the Garden District from aboard a St. Charles line streetcar. Sit down to a gourmet meal at one of the city’s many fine-dining restaurants, or have a po’ boy while enjoying live jazz in a Bourbon Street club.
Any SG leader from any school, no matter what state you’re from, is welcome to attend!
The 2020 New Orleans Student Government Training Conference features:
- Twenty intensive workshops and roundtables designed to address the specific needs of your Student Government
- Workshops for all levels of Student Governments: very evolved and strong SGs, new SGs just starting out, and SGs trying to improve
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
- Workshops and presentations that directly apply to SG advisors and administrators
- Private consulting by appointment
- Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG leaders and advisors attending the conference
- Plenty of free-time to experience all that New Orleans has to offer
- Personal attention from ASGA’s passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting collegiate Student Governments
What is the date?
The conference will be held on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
What is the conference location?
The conference will be held at the Hilton New Orleans Airport. The address is 901 Airline Drive, Kenner, LA 70062. The hotel phone is 504-469-5000.
Text ASGA at conference ONLY: 352-258-4604
What is the cost?
As low as $219 per person for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $319 for non-members (Register & pay by November 29, 2019 for these Super Early Bird rates). The earlier you Register, the lower the cost! Register six or more and save.
Download the Money Saving Tips flier
What will be the total attendance?
The New Orleans Student Government Training Conference is one of the largest Student Government conferences in America each year. Last year, more than 200 student leaders and advisors from 30 institutions in 15 states attended.
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Admission to all workshops, roundtables, and presentations
- Extensive hand-outs
- Free lunch: A boxed lunch on Saturday (choice of “po-boy” sandwich, chips, fruit, drink)
- Free breakfast: A light continental breakfast on Saturday (coffee/tea, juice, and a selection of danish, muffins, and fruit)
- Free private consulting on Sunday morning (one-hour blocks valued at $499 are very limited, so sign up early on the conference registration form)
- An “ASGA Conferences Rock!” T-shirt for each delegate from Clothowear.com (valued at $15 each)
- New Orleans Student Government Training Conference folder, ASGA notepad, ASGA pen
- A 10% discount on ASGA membership for non-members who join within 10 days of the conference
- Discounts on ASGA Store items (leadership books, DVDs, CDs, and more) purchased at the conference
- 35% discount on on-campus SG consultations booked at the conference
- Excellent personal service and attention from the ASGA team